Menu

OSSC with Raspberry Pi

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC with Raspberry Pi

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  oscartilheiro 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

allsyntax
    Participant

Total beginner question – but would it make any sense to try to use this device with a raspberry pi game emulator? I understand inputs are limited, but perhaps with a HDMI to SCART connection?

nmalinoski
    Participant

I don’t think it makes any sense to use an OSSC with a RasPi.

The purpose of the OSSC is to digitize and line-double/-triple/etc. the low-resolution, analog video signals of (primarily) old game consoles that newer TVs can’t handle for one reason or another–lack of appropriate analog inputs or 240p support over HDMI on the TV, and/or lack of HDMI support on the console.

The RasPi boards all come with digital video output over HDMI, so they don’t have the problem that the OSSC is intended to solve; not to mention you’d be spending an extra ~$250USD’s worth of equipment to degrade your signal by converting from digital to analog and back to digital. :/

allsyntax
    Participant

Fair enough. I suppose I was thinking about scanlines.

nmalinoski
    Participant

I would expect the emulators to be able to provide scanline generation. Which emulator(s) are you using?

allsyntax
    Participant

Mednafen. Thought it might be a dumb question, thanks.

oscartilheiro
    Participant

yes make sense because the quality and easy of use that ossc gives (its great) and because some mame games get slow with good scanlines. I tried arcadevga 5000 with ossc and didnt work. Now i am thinking in raspberry pi

oscartilheiro
    Participant

Other thing you change scanlines the same way all the emulators just put up and down in your remote controller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.