Menu

OSSC worth it

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC worth it

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nmalinoski 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vaporise
    Participant

I am new to Retro gaming. i was trying to figure out if i should get a framemeister or a OSSC. Consoles i currently have for Future RGB setup. NES SNES Genesis, N64, Gamecube, PS1 PS2. Any opinions would be appreciated

opt2not
    Participant

I think the real question is, “is the Framemeister worth it” (since it’s the more expensive option).

OSSC is cheaper, has less lag in scaling images.

Framemeister has more image adjustment options (currently), and apparently supports some non-standard resolutions — especially useful for some arcade PCB’s.

I own a Framemeister and am waiting on my OSSC 1.6 to arrive to make a proper comparison. But for me, I play mostly action-based games and the lag on the Framemeister makes some games hard to adjust to.

If the OSSC turns out to be as lagless on my set-up as it claims, I’ll be very happy.

Fnnrqwin
    Participant

The OSSC introduces no lag. Any lag in your set up after going through the OSSC is purely on your TV’s end.

vaporise
    Participant

I like the cost, the No Lag, and the Open Source options of the OSSC. When will the next order for OSSC be available to purchase.

nmalinoski
    Participant

When will the next order for OSSC be available to purchase[?]

From the product page:

October’s batch is now sold out. Preorders for the Christmas batch (shipping early November) will open October 1st. I’ll announce this via social media and the newsletter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.