Menu

PAL unbar problem

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support PAL unbar problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thomago 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Thomago
    Participant

So, I got a new monitor (AOC I2790PQU/BT).

One thing I use the OSSC for is getting rid of PAL bars in affected games by decreasing V. active from 288 to 240.
    Unfortunately, the AOC monitor doesn’t play nice with this; apart from a shift to the bottom, decreasing V. active essentially yields the same picture like before, as the monitor adds PAL bars by itself (all while displaying 720×480/31 kHz/50 Hz in its info dialogue).
    Using other output modes yields the same results.

Meanwhile, the monitor is able to display 720×480@50Hz (25 kHz then) from my PC all fine, no PAL bars at all.

Is there any way to make the OSSC output a signal that more closely resembles what I get from my PC?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Thomago.

marqs
    Participant

720×480@50Hz from PC probably outputs 525 lines like 60Hz 480p while linedoubled 288p/576p is ~625 lines. It’s too bad the monitor adjusts area based on presets instead of using active area information in the signal.

Thomago
    Participant

Ah, I thought so much.

The monitor is pretty much brilliant, but with that the case, I have to return it. Bummer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.