Menu

Pass through looks better then X4 at 480i?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Pass through looks better then X4 at 480i?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JoeTheUseless
    Participant

Hi there i have my GameCube connected with a generic RGB scart cable with the OSSC. Pass through looks fine X2 darkens the image x3 doesn’t work for me just sound. And X4 is really dark how do i improve the 480i picture quality and make x4 brighter i am using a 42inch LG HDTV with GAME mode enabled 🙂

Can incompatible TV’s give out an inferior picture when scaled up?. I will try another TV later i can’t remember how this RGB scart cable is wired i bought it a few years ago on Ebay 😮

Update i have connected the OSSC to my 27inch Acer PC monitor and it looks incredible i just wished it looked as nice on my HDTV. i might have to make a setup using this Monitor i will keep troubleshooting 🙂

Any ideas in the meantime? 🙂

Thanks

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

interlace generally does look worse on anything other than passthrough. The deinterlacer in the OSSC is designed to remove input lag not improve picture quality. Good quality deinterlacing requires a frame buffer (and a trade off in input lag).

You can’t have nice deinterlacing with no input lag, you have to make the trade off one way or another.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.