Menu

PC-98 to TV support

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support PC-98 to TV support

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mimylovesjapan
    Participant

Hello everyone !
    I couldn’t find any information regarding support of PC-98 signal and conversion for TV.
    When I connect my PC-98 to the OSSC, the signal seems to be recognize, but neither my TV nor my DVDO Edge is recognizing the signal.
    Do you have any clue ?
    Thank you !

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

What’s the OSSC say on it’s LCD and what does the Edge say in the info screen?

Have you tried pressing the safe mode button on the Edge? I know that’s not a proper solution but it can give us some clues.

mimylovesjapan
    Participant

http://i.imgur.com/D3z0Sdgl.jpg
    I found this picture on internet. My OSSC display the same stats.

Edge display : not recognize signal.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Hmm that’s pretty wildly out of spec. Do you know what resolution PC98 is supposed to output at?

mimylovesjapan
    Participant

Yes.
    It is 640×400 and 24.8kHz

paulb_nl
    Participant

When you press Info on the remote what does the OSSC say after Vmod: ? Does it work when you set 384p or 480p proc to Line2x?

mimylovesjapan
    Participant

It says :
    Vmod : 640×384
    LO : 880 VSM : 0

marqs
    Participant

Optimal PC-98 settings are listed on Optimal Timings wikipage. Note that your display should support 640×400 (or 1280×800) at 56.4Hz. I doubt many TVs accept that refresh rate, so I’d recommend trying a PC monitor instead.

mimylovesjapan
    Participant

Thank you for the timing page. I will try it !
    My PC screen is already displaying PC-98 without problem. But I would like to try on my TV.
    And also curious to see if OSSC has the ability to convert PC-98 signal !

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

OSSC can only line double/triple/etc it can’t do any more sophisticated conversion.

mimylovesjapan
    Participant

OK, I tried the timings. I can confirm it can pass through both my OSSC and my Edge after timing setup. But the TV is rejecting it. Then I will keep playing on my PC screen. Too bad !

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

You could try turning off the output frame lock on your Edge, but be prepared to put up with stuttery scrolling if you do that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.