Menu

PC Engine CoreGrafx Jailbar fix

Home Forums General gaming PC Engine CoreGrafx Jailbar fix

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SRRAE
    Participant

Long story sort but I have a PC Engine Duo and a PC Engine CoreGrafx. The Duo came with the RGB mod and jailbar fix. The Core Grafx has no mods, in fact I think I was the first to open it, the screws had the fresh crack when first opening and the screws had a little bit of plastic in the thread.

Anyway, Duo, image, the best I’ve ever seen from a console, it almost looks like emulation the picture is so clean and not a hint of jailbar in sight.

Core Grafx, I did the jailbar fix myself, replacing caps C135 and C133 with the larger capacity ones stated in all the sites, however the jailbar is better, it’s far from gone.

Is there anything else I can do? Should I replace all the digital and analogue capacitors ? what?

Any suggestions helpful.

SRRAE
    Participant

Ahh,

A little more digging, for some reason I got slightly different results from my internet search probably a different engine, it seems for the core grafx and later PCE that one of the caps to replace is the C121.

I replaced this too and the jail bar is gone.

However, could there be any issue with having 3 of these caps replaced?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I’ll have to try that on the one’s we’ve got in here, nothing we’ve tried has got rid of the jailbars thus far.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.