Menu

Please help with component cable audio issue

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Please help with component cable audio issue

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nmalinoski 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

AirZonk
    Participant

I have had my OSSC for a weeks now and I am very pleased with the way it works with my Neo Geo AES and Atari Jaguar using Scart cables. However, I am having a problem with my NTSC Game Cube and Wii using component cables. When these systems are hooked up to the OSSC directly they work perfectly fine. Since I have more than one system using component cable I thought I would use a component switch rather than switching cables all the time. I used a manual switching JVC component switch that I had from many years ago. The picture works fine, but there is no audio when using the JVC switch. Would a powered component switch make a difference? Or is there some other way to get these systems hooked up without switching the cables around every time?

nmalinoski
    Participant

It’s possible it’s just the audio support in your switch that has gone bad; I don’t think it has anything to do with it being unpowered.

If you’d like to get a new switch, you may want to look into a gcompsw when orders for them reopen. Alternatively, ShinyBow has a few models, but they’re more expensive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.