Menu

Problem displaying atari jaguar PAL

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Problem displaying atari jaguar PAL

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

karlimero
    Participant

Hello,
    I have a problem with my Atari Jaguar PAL.
    By plugging it directly onto the OSSC V1.6 it shifts the image to me up.
    The video signal is in RGBs 312p 15.62kHz 50.08Hz
    The offset is random. When it is strong, the top of the image appears at the bottom of the screen separated by a black bar.
    The offset is fixed, it changes only when I reset the OSSC.

Image without OSSC
    https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/34/4/1503574136-img-6919.jpg

Image with OSSC
    https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/34/4/1503574130-img-6925.jpg

Bonjour,
    j’ai un problème avec mon Atari Jaguar PAL.
    En la branchant directement sur l’OSSC V1.6 il me décale l’image vers le haut.
    Le signal vidéo est en RGBs 312p 15,62kHz 50,08Hz
    Le décalage est aléatoire. Lorsqu’il est fort, le haut de l’image apparait en bas de l’écran séparé par une barre noir.
    Le décalage est fixe, il ne change que lorsque je reset l’OSSC.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  karlimero.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

What type of SCART cable are you using?

karlimero
    Participant

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Do you know if that uses composite video for sync or the Jaguar’s clean sync output?

karlimero
    Participant

I do not know, sorry. I am waiting for a friend who has a PAL modified 60hz jaguar and who could plug it into my OSSC.

Otherwise the image seems better centered now, but I still miss a lot of line at the top of the screen.

Harrumph
    Participant

You can try to adjust V.Backporch in advanced timings, reducing that should move the image down (in theory).

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I don’t remember having such problems last time I used my PAL Jaguar and a clean sync cable. Have you tried adjusting vertical backporch or won’t your display tolerate this?

marqs
    Participant

If you press info button, what is the value of VSM? Jaguar 288p is listed as a problematic source on the wikipage due to its field signalling.

karlimero
    Participant

Hello, my apologies, I solved the problem. I had stuck on the problem, without thinking of checking with the other mode. My jaguar is just incompatible with the X5, it works in X4 X3 and X2 without problem.

Thank you

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Remember line 5 mode will always crop some of the picture on a 1080p TV.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.