Menu

Problems with OSSC and PS2

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Problems with OSSC and PS2

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  paulb_nl 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kenny8215
    Participant

Hey,
    today I got my OSSC. I hooked it up to my PS2 and my TV and turned it on. But the TV screen remained black. It’s a PAL PS2 and I used a PS1 game. The PS2 is connected via a RGB scart cable and the sync LED is not red. As soon as I switched the Lx3 option on, my tv said “picture mode not supported”. After that I tried my Wii with a component cable and that works perfectly. My TV is a Phillips 32PFL6606K/02. And I also tried the same with the PS2 and my Computer Screen, that also does not work.

I hope someone can help me.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Do you get a picture with the PS2 when no game is inserted and it’s just on the dashboard?

Kenny8215
    Participant

No, nothing.

paulb_nl
    Participant

Have you tried another console with scart?

Kenny8215
    Participant

The only other console I have right now is the PS1 and I think the output of the PS2 with a PS1 game is the same as the PS1. My TV still has a scart port and I get a picture from the PS2 over that port, so its definitely not the fault of the console.

paulb_nl
    Participant

Alright. Trying another console was meant for ruling out a problem with your scart cable or with the OSSC. Which RGB scart cable are you using? Some scart cables marked as RGB are not actually wired for RGB.

Kenny8215
    Participant

I’m using the original cable and scart adapter that came with the ps2.

paulb_nl
    Participant

Well thats the problem. The original cable with scart adapter is not RGB but composite video only.

Kenny8215
    Participant

Well, now I’m feeling stupid 😀 All those years I thought that was a RGB cable. Thanks for the tip.^^

paulb_nl
    Participant

Then you have been missing out! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.