Menu

PS2 240p RGB doesn't work

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support PS2 240p RGB doesn't work

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Trixster 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

PPLToast
    Participant

I’m using a PS2 for PS1 games with a sync on luma RGB cable which works just fine for PS2 games (and its disgustingly small 480p PAL supported games) The OSSC display shows 314p but nothing on the my TV itself which is a Panasonic TX-L32C20E. I thought my TV didn’t work with line double, so I checked with a Mega Drive which does work (though not in line triple ;_;).

Any clue if there’s some setting tweak that might get it to work?

marqs
    Participant

PAL PS1 games are incompatible with some displays that have strict tolerance.

PPLToast
    Participant

Damn I had just stumbled upon that page earlier, but missed the PS1 part. Ah well.

Soren47
    Participant

I just got PAL PS1 games working on my Panasonic 50 inch by doing this that Cleeg mm the shmups forum suggested:

I increased Vertical active to 300 in advanced 288p timing.

Soren47
    Participant

Unfortunately, on my TV at least, a small bit of the lower part of the screen can’t be seen. I can’t get the picture further up.

PPLToast
    Participant

HUGE HUGE thanks Soren (and cleeg), I can confirm setting V active to 299 fixes this issue for me perfectly on the TX-L32C20E. No screen cutoff either from what I can tell.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  PPLToast.

Trixster
    Participant

Likewise, 300 has fixed the pal ps1 issue I was seeing with my Panasonic GT50 plasma, and backporch 26 recentres the picture vertically. Nice one!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.