Menu

PVM/BVM RGB Passthru

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support PVM/BVM RGB Passthru

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Harrumph 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Katsu
    Participant

Has anyone tried to get OSSC to work with passthru RGB from either PVM or BVM? I have tried both with no luck. I am using the RGBs passthrough on both and get nothing. If I connect directly to the OSSC from the console SCART cable to my monitor, it works fine. So I know the OSSC works.

I’m going Console -> RGB SCART cable -> Bandbridge manual RGB SCART Switcher -> SCART to BNC cable -> Sony PVM/BVM -> Passthru RGBs BNC out -> BNC to RGBs SCART cable -> OSSC (DVI w/audio) -> DVI to HDMI cable -> 24″ Asus Monitor.

What I’m trying to do is play in RGB on my PVM or BVM and then passthru the RGBs signal to the OSSC so that I can then send that to Elgato HD. But for now, I’m not even worried about the Elgato HD. I just want the image to show up on the monitor. It’s possible that I don’t have my cables set up right on my PVM/BVM. But the BNC ports clearly are marked R out, G out, B out, Ext Sync out… so I’m pretty sure they’re the correct output ports.

Any help would be appreciated. I can upload pics or video.

-Rob

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Are you getting any sync/signal according to the OSSCs LCD?

Katsu
    Participant

Hi, thanks for replying. The OSSC says No Sync on the AV1 RGBS input. I’ve actually tried all the inputs on the OSSC. All say No Sync. So it would appear that the OSSC just isn’t getting what it wants from either my Sony BVM-1911 or my Olympus OEV203 (This is a reskinned Sony PVM-20M2MDU created for medical use.)

More details about the output from the BVM/PVM.

From the R out, G out, B out and EXT SYNC out ports from the back of my Olympus OEV203 I have connected a BNC to female SCART cable that I know works. I then tried two different male-male SCART cables to connect that to the OSSC (which also has a female SCART port.) When I connect to the RGBS out ports, the image on the PVM starts looking overbright and fuzzy, then when I connect the other end of the cable to the OSSC, the picture normalizes. Meaning that the monitor is detecting the termination of the signal on the OSSC.

I have no idea why neither my BVM or the PVM won’t give the OSSC want it wants.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Have you checked that your SCART cable is wired for input not output?

Katsu
    Participant

I definitely used a BNC-to-SCART cable that was used for input from the Console/SCART switch. And the male-male SCART cable that connects the BNC-to-SCART cable from the PVM outputs and the OSSC is just a “standard” cable. I didn’t even realize that SCART cables can be wired for output vs. wired for input. I thought they were straight passthrus. I haven’t googled it yet, but I will. But if you have a recommended/relevant link for this, I’d appreciate it.

-Rob

Katsu
    Participant

Harrumph
    Participant

It sounds like the composite video pin (which carries sync only in this case) could possibly be reversed in the male-to-male cable? In two-way cables, pin 20 goes to 19, and vice versa. The audio would also swap over. This was useful for daisy-chaining A/V equipment back in the day, but is not needed in this case.
    Like this: http://pinouts.ru/VideoCables/VideoTvScart_pinout.shtml

You could probably fix that pretty easily yourself, check how the scartheads are wired in your cable.

Edit: another image https://goo.gl/images/DMCbNx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.