Menu

RGB-Pi

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

figbash
    Participant

Hi all, I’m using an OSSC to play various consoles on a PC CRT using an HDMI->VGA converter.

I have recently purchased a cable called RGB-Pi (http://www.rgb-pi.com) which allows me to use a Pi 3 in 240P at different refresh rates than 60hz. I am trying to play R-Type at the correct hz, and the cable is successful at doing this when connected to my PVM 2530, R-Type’s scrolling is butter smooth.

However I really want to use this on my PC CRT with the OSSC, and the OSSC just will not sync with it. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to try, like what settings I should mess with to try to get this to sync? I have run a Neo Geo, Duo-R, SFC 1-Chip, Genesis, X’Eye, NES RGB, and others all through the OSSC and never touched a single setting, this is the first thing I’ve tried that just won’t sync 🙂

I know it’s an odd situation and I doubt anyone else has tried this particular setup yet, but if you have any ideas I would appreciate it!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

What’s on the LCD when you connect the RGB-PI, what colour is the LCD?

figbash
    Participant

It just says No Sync and a green LED as if I haven’t connected anything at all. One time I saw it flash through a couple different things too quickly to read them and then go back to No Sync, but only the once.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Hmm, it should work really. Can you try adjusting the Vsync threshold under sync options?

figbash
    Participant

I just tried increasing vsync threshold in increments of 5 up to the max, no luck. I also messed with horizontal threshold. Starting to think it’s just not going to happen.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be compatible though, if it works on a SCART TV. Maybe try contacting the makers of the device ask if there’s anything unusual with the signal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.