Menu

scaling filters

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support scaling filters

This topic contains 56 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Steo 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

BahnYuki
    Participant

Hey guys an OSSC 1.6 owner here, have these scalers been updated for the current firmware? Also what are the downsides to using outdated firmware with these scalers?

I’m curious to trying these filters out with minimal lag.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I never did get around to properly looking at this, seems things always come up. I’ll have a play with it this evening.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Had a look as promised! Article coming on this custom firmware soon.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Cbo2188
    Participant

Just tried the filters out for the first time and I must say… they do look really good. There is some jittering going on at Line 3x mode but none on 2x mode. Kind of surprised they haven’t been mentioned a lot on the other OSSC videos on YouTube. Very nice and thank you!

funny_mikey
    Participant

Have these been integrated into the newest firmware or is it only in firmware 0.77?

SavagePencil
    Participant

Looks like RedGuyyy only kept that custom firmware up thru 0.77: https://github.com/RedGuyyyy/ossc/tree/master/fw

Harrumph
    Participant

Iirc, it needed to be a custom fw at the time due to memory constraints (some other function had to be left out). With the newer implementation (since 0.82), it’s quite possible the filters could be added to the regular version. I believe Marqs may be quite busy with finalizing his CPS2 hdmi board though.
    Perhaps put a reminder in the feature request thread?

NewYears1978
    Participant

Does this mean you could have CRT style filters sorta like Retroarch has or is that something completely different? (Forgive my ignorance)

Steo
    Participant

I think it means filtering the pixels to make them blend instead of having jagged edges.

The page about the custom firmware is here and of all pictures they could use for examples, they used Rayman, which is one of my favourite games. πŸ˜›

NewYears1978
    Participant

Well I knew that but I didn’t know if there were further possibilities =D

Still cool though, I prefer the actual pixel look though..although I could see this being nice on other consoles than the 8 bit ones =D

Steo
    Participant

Rayman was on PS1 (32 bits), but I know what you mean. πŸ˜›

It would probably look amazing on some 3D games if it works that way. πŸ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.