Menu

SNES PAL – quiet hum / buzz after powering down console

Home Forums Repairs and Mods SNES PAL – quiet hum / buzz after powering down console

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cachaito
    Participant

Hello, recently I bought a SNES PAL (version 1 chip) with AC Adapter NES002 EU. What worries me is after the power is turned off, I hear (from the TV speakers) buzz for about 15 seconds which eventually disappears. Console is plugged to TV with good quality SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables. Another thing is that after playing game, power down console and remove the power cord, when power for one second, the red light is on.
    Maybe my power supply is broken? What do you think?

Thank you for any help.

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by  cachaito. Reason: typo

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Sounds like a capacitor issue, have you opened the console and checked for any signs of bad caps?

cachaito
    Participant

Hi BuckoA51! Sorry for late response. I’ve opened console and it looks like brand new. Unfortunately I got no skills/ knowledge to spot and to check signs of bad caps 🙁
    I recently bought a new Power Supply for Nintendo NES and SNES from Retro Game Supply but had no time to check it.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

How did the new PSU work out?

Bad capacitors, well if it’s gone really bad it will be bulging out or even leaking, if it’s just slightly bad that’s harder to spot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.