Menu

Troubleshootings with SFC, Neo Geo and PC Engine

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Troubleshootings with SFC, Neo Geo and PC Engine

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  arovane 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

arovane
    Participant

Got my OSSC back today, it was faulty and scart was not responding. Now it’s working well, beautiful piece of equipment! I’ve run some tests, and it is indeed faster than the framemeister, almost no lag at all. Which is good cause that’s the one reason I was interested in the OSSC in the first place 🙂 First thing I noticed: Line triple doesn’t seem to work with my Panasonic plasma screen. The screen is 4 years old. Now to some console set up tests:

Megadrive/MegaCD/32X: Perfect
    Dreamcast with Toro: Perfect
    Saturn: Perfect
    NESRGB: Perfect
    Master System: Perfect
    PS1: Perfect
    N64 RGB: Perfect
    Super Famicom: Bad syncing, picture can’t stabilize
    Neo-Geo: No picture!
    Pc Engine RGB: No picture!

So far, I can’t seem to make the Neo Geo and Pc Engine to work at all. SFC shows some picture but only half of it. On each case, the menu of the OSSC shows sync that appears normal and greenlight. I get sound but no picture. I use only very good cables so that is not the problem. Those consoles were working with the Framemeister. Help?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

SNES plus OSSC may just be incompatible with your TV, PC Engine and Neo Geo should work though. What model PC Engine and Neo Geo exactly?

arovane
    Participant

-Managed to make PC Engine work with LPF to 10MHz. It’s a japanese white model coupled to a CDROM modified to output RGB.

-The Neo-Geo has no picture at all but shows perfect sync on OSSC screen and green light and sound. It is a Japanese model, serial about 73000, RGB output, cable from Retrogamingcable.

-Super Famicom shows picture but jittering and unable to stabilize.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  arovane.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

For Your Neo Geo try the following:-

H-PLL pre and post coast – 3
    Hsync tolerance – 10us (or higher)

arovane
    Participant

Nope, still nothing… But working fine with Framemeister. I don’t understand, could it be that Neo Geo delivers different picture size than other consoles?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

When you connect the Neo Geo, there should be two numbers displayed on OSSC’s LCD.. Something kHz and something else Hz, what are these values? Can you also press the info button and tell us what numbers are displayed.

arovane
    Participant

Ok, think it was something like 262p, 59-60kHZ and 14-15Hz. But doublechecking this afternoon.

arovane
    Participant

Ok it shows 264p, 59.59hz, 15.73khz
    Info button doesn’t work.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  arovane.

Harrumph
    Participant

I believe Marqs has stated that certain TVs are very reluctant to accept signals outside of the 525 standard, perhaps with only +\-1 lines of tolerance. This becomes an issue with NeoGeo as 264×2 = 528. Then in addition you have the lower than usual framrate, again TV tolerance for this will vary. You might simply be unlucky with your particular Panasonic model.

marqs
    Participant

Yes, if OSSC displays those numbers and does not have red led alight, then it has synced ok and the issue is TV’s incompatibility.

arovane
    Participant

Ok so SFC and Neo-Geo are not compatible with my TV. Is there a way around this, that does not include buying a new TV? Those 2 consoles worked well with xrgb mini, that’s what I don’t understand.

marqs
    Participant

Framemeister converts many off-spec refresh rates to 59.94Hz regardless of its vlock setting – in general its output is not so directly coupled to input, enabling more standardized digital output.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Info button doesn’t work.

Which remote are you using?

arovane
    Participant

The one that came with it. All the buttons works but when I press info nothing happens.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Nothing happens? Does the OSSC green light blink to show it has received an IR signal?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  BuckoA51.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.