Menu

Turbo Chameleon support

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Turbo Chameleon support

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sprudel79 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sprudel79
    Participant

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anybody was able to use the Turbo Chameleon together with the OSSC.
    I am talking about that one:
    http://amigastore.eu/en/251-chameleon-64.html

The Turbo Chameleon can be used either as a C64 cartridge or standalone.
    When using it in a standalone manner there’s a VGA out provided at the cartridge.
    So just for fun I was trying to connect it to the OSSC. On the OSSC display I was able to see some activity on the VGA IN port but I wasn’t able to see anything on my TV.
    Does anybody else tried to use the Turbo Chameleon in the same way and could assist?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Thomas

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Can you let us know what the LCD displays when you try to use it?Also what is shown when you press the info button?

sprudel79
    Participant

Hi,
    sorry for the late reply.
    Here’s the information what the display is saying:

AV3: RGBHV 874p
    52.63kHz 60.21Hz

Pressing Info button will show this:
    VMod: 1280×1024
    LO: 874 VSM: 0

Thanks!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Well, that’s definitely not right. Hmm.. can you try switching to another active input then back to VGA again?

marqs
    Participant

The cart is probably outputting 1024×768 – right? OSSC excepts VESA timings (806 lines for 1024×768@60), but since 874 is too far from that it picks next mode (1280×1024) from the list. With 1280×1024 parameters, V.active ends up being too high to properly show on display. You’ll need to access adv.timing and copy 1024×768 parameters into 1280×1024 mode to fix this.

sprudel79
    Participant

Hi,
    sorry for my late reply and many thanks for the replies.
    But yesterday I had a chance to test this again. First, I updated to latest firmware 0.76.
    There was no change in the behaviour.
    @marqs: “You’ll need to access adv.timing and copy 1024×768 parameters into 1280×1024 mode to fix this.” -> how can I do this? I was playing around with the menu in order to change some parameters (without any impact). Where do I need to apply your fix exactly?

The Turbo Chameleon itself can be configured to produce different outputs (I think default mode is 800×600@72Hz). So it’s worth trying to change the output there as well.

Best regards,
    Thomas

marqs
    Participant

Adv. timing is found under sampling options. First select 1024×768 from the list via < -/-> buttons and write down all parameter values, then go back and select 1280×1024 and replace the values with the written down ones.

sprudel79
    Participant

Hi,

I have solved it by trying different settings directly in the Turbo Chameleon setup.
    Since it’s offering approx. 10 different video modes I was able to find a few that work also with the OSSC!
    The video mode I think is definitely the best is 640×480@60Hz.

Many thanks for your support and best regards,
    Thomas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.