Menu

TV compatibility report thread

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support TV compatibility report thread

This topic contains 350 replies, has 144 voices, and was last updated by  nullifer 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 351 total)
  • Author

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Strange a SD image would seem more colourful, perhaps that’s a calibration issue with your set?

GameJon
    Participant

@andychristian – My Samsung TV recognises anything that’s a strange resolution (like the DC in line doubled mode) or refresh rate (like the 61Hz of the RGB Modded N64 playing NTSC games) as a PC input. So yeah, it disables game mode, but it also disables all other processing (can’t even change the colour slider) so input lag will probably be lower than standard game mode.

gpetit
    Participant

Firmware 0.78
    Sony KDL-32XBR6
    x2 is blank for SNES, audio works works for SNES
    x3, x4, x5 give error message – output not supported

passthrough and x2 work on genesis (audio + video)

I’m still trying to tweak the settings, hopefully I can get SNES to work…

———– EDIT ————–

Turned out I was using a SCART cable that did not carry RGB for the SNES. Works perfectly with a good cable!

BubbaMc
    Participant

Sony VPL-HW45ES Projector:
    240pX3/X4/X5: No
    NES/SNES 240p: Unable to test

Dell U2711 Monitor:
    240pX3/X4/X5: Yes, and with all X5 modes – note: requires DVI input for resolutions above 1080p. I’m using a HDMI to DVI cable with great results.
    NES/SNES 240p: Unable to test

James
    Participant

So how are folks getting on with their Samsung KS7000s? Compatability seems good for most people but I’ve noticed a few getting issues. Anybody use a DC with theirs? How’s 480p?

I can get a new 49” for sensible money and so far it’s looking like the best candidate to replace my W6 Sony.

James
    Participant

Ok so I went with a Samsung UE49MU7000 (UN49MU8000 in the USA) and I’m really happy so far. Low lag, much better motion than the W6 Sony, good upscaling, can get really bright to compensate for scanline overlays and great compatability with the OSSC.

Tests is far:

PAL SNES (50hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX3 Y with tweaks
    LX4 N
    LX5 Y with tweaks

JP Saturn (60hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX3 Y
    LX4 Y
    LX5 Y

PAL MD (50hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX3 Y with tweaks (occasional tearing)
    LX4 Y (occasional tearing and the sound is noticeably quieter!)
    LX5 Y with tweaks (occasional tearing)

PAL NES (RGB Modded) (50hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX3 Y with tweaks
    LX4 N
    LX5 Y with tweaks

PAL Saturn (50hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX3 Y with tweaks
    LX4 N
    LX5 Y with tweaks

PAL Amiga 500+ (50hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX3 Y with tweaks
    LX4 N
    LX5 Y with tweaks

PAL PS1 (50hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX4 N
    LX5 Y with tweaks (occasional tearing)

PAL Jaguar (50hz)
    LX2 Y with tweaks
    LX3 Y with tweaks
    LX4 N
    LX5 Y with tweaks

PAL SMS mk1 (50hz)
    LX2 Y
    LX4 N
    LX5 Y with tweaks (Occasional dropouts)

480p x2 Y (sound is quieter) tested with DC, XBOX and Wii.

240p to 480i resolution switches are basically instant.

The tearing with MD is a bit of a shame but even the FM does this so not surprised. I’ll update this post as I test more consoles and get more time to play.

ErickRPG
    Participant

I want to report OSSC works fully with my 4K LG OLED. LG 65EG9600 (which is curved version of EF9500).

BambooTiger
    Participant

I have a Sony XBR55X900E and the latest OSSC 1.6 w/latest firmware. PS1 worked in 3x, 5x (and I think 4x) modes. PS2 worked in a few of the modes as well.

SNES only worked in 5x with 256×240 optimized, but the picture is not stable (will drop every few seconds). It was even less stable in the “Generic 4:3” mode (might flash an image every few seconds). I’ve played around with some of the settings as per the wiki page. I’m not sure if any additional tweaks will help or not. I’ve tried some of @harrumph‘s Tips and Tweaks earlier for 5x to no real avail. I may try some of the 3x/4x tweaks at some point in the future and hope it’ll work. It’s one of my favorite systems ever and I opted for the OSSC over the SNES Classic in hopes I could breathe new life into my SNES.

Harrumph
    Participant

@bambootiger
    The SNES doesn’t work in Lx2 either then? That’s a bummer. 🙁

GigaTortoise
    Participant

Got a new display device today, a projector! BenQ HT2150ST with 16ms of input lag showing a beautiful huge screen on my wall best of all as far as I can tell it is 100% OSSC compatible. Hooked up my SNES and ran 2x-5x with no issues whatsoever so far. I assume this is because projectors are like half computer monitor regarding non-standard inputs

Question, I went through the Line5x formats (1080p, 1600×1200, and 1920×1200) and they all seem to work and crop/display appropriately. It’s a 1080p projector. Does that mean 1600×1200 is working correctly or is it just screwing up the geometry to show the picture at that resolution? I honestly can’t tell so need an answer or a way to test

haloharry
    Participant

mm that is stange?? I own a SONY BRAVIA KD49XE9005 and mine snes mine works fine, in 1x,2x,3x,4x and 5x how ever when I use the only thing I can think off is that pal snes works or the pal TV works? in a few week I’ll be getting my modded sfc 1chip back so I can test it then, but atm my snes had no problems with my tv.

Nissling
    Participant

I’m using the OSSC 1.6 on an LG 55EG910V. After some testings, here are my results…

240P passthrough: Y
    480i passthrough: Y
    480i laced: Y
    480i bob: Y
    480p passthrough: Y
    480p X2: Y
    384p passthrough: Y
    384p X2: Y

For all consoles below, 2X, 3X and 4X worked perfectly fine. As for 5X…

Nes (NTSC-U, NesRGB): N (flashing image at best, mostly black screen)
    Super Famicom (1Chip-01): N
    Sega Saturn (NTSC-J, first revision): Y

Seems like 256 pixel width is problematic when using 5X on this TV. For 320 or higher it’s pretty much flawless however. Will try with a Sega Mega Drive and PC-Engine soon. I’m very surprised that it recognizes 384p passthrough and X2, especially considering the framerate is still the same (70Hz).

nicyellowyellow
    Participant

My current gaming tv is an old Hitachi 32LD30U A. Lx2 and Lx3 working perfectly with RGB modded NTSC N64. Haven’t tested anything else. I was initially a bit underwhelmed with the OSSC’s performance, this set handles 240p very well. The addition of scanlines is a treat though, and I’m now well future proofed.

Dark Sakul
    Participant

Dynex model: DX-L26-10A (NTSC 120v 60hz) is not compatible with the OSSC.
    No picture on any mode, audio is spotty at best.

Tested with a OSSC 1.6

I cross referenced with two other displays and a SNES to verify its the Display and not the OSSC or SNES.

TwilightSlick
    Participant

TV: Toshiba 24SL410U
    OSSC Info: 1.6 PCB, firmware v0.79a
    Consoles Tested: PS2 and Wii (including 240p, 480i and 480p input), both NTSC-U with OEM component cables

240p line 3x works (don’t have an SNES/NESRGB so can’t test if it will handle 720p at 60.09hz)
    Line 4x works, needs “dot by dot” mode to show in proper aspect ratio
    Line 5x works but is stuck in 16:9 (don’t know how to fix), and only syncs when in 1920×1200 mode

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.