Menu

TV compatibily with modded PAL Saturn

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support TV compatibily with modded PAL Saturn

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Deubeul 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Deubeul
    Participant

Hello there,

my Sony KDL-40BX400 sadly does not accept my modded Saturn in 60Hz.The led on the OSSC is green. The Saturn in 50Hz works fine.
    Saturn plugged directly on TV via scart works in 60Hz.
    OSSC firmware is 0.71.

My Saturn is a PAL model 2 with a region and 50/60Hz mod with switches made in the nineties.

What I’d like to know is:

– Is there an OSSC setting that could help?
    – Is there a cheap no lag inducing device I could add between the OSSC and my TV?
    – Does that mean my TV won’t accept any 60Hz Saturn, or could a japanese model 1 or 2 Saturn work?

Thanks guys!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

When you’re using your Saturn, what does the LCD display for the vertical refresh rate? (on the LCD it will say AV1: RGBS 263P and then some numbers below that, what are those numbers?)

Deubeul
    Participant

Dumb me, I forgot to add these informations.

It says:

15,61 kHz
    59,37 Hz

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

59.37 is a long way off the 59.94 spec, it may be that your TV just has poor vsync tolerance. Switching to a true NTSC Saturn may help.

Deubeul
    Participant

Yes, my TV is a little picky, the xrgb3 I had before the OSSC can confirm that.
    But I forgive her, because she accepts line triple for my PCE, which seems to be unusual for a Sony TV 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.