Menu

Videopac G7400 50Hz – converting to 60Hz?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Videopac G7400 50Hz – converting to 60Hz?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nmalinoski 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

grips03
    Participant

I have Videopac G7400 (RGB PAL 50Hz) connected to OSSC, then HDMI to Sony (NTSC 60Hz) TV. TV says signal not supported using OSSC*. Anyway for the OSSC to change 50Hz from the console to 60Hz so picture will display on my TV?

I have another converter that supports this, however the picture quality is not as good as OSSC 4x mode looks better than the other converter. The other converter doesn’t really have a model number. Its a small 4″x4″x1″ metal box labeled “HD Video Converter”. My hope was that OSSC would have this feature.

*My XRGB2 does this as well.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  grips03.

grips03
    Participant

Added to feature request page. Hopefully this can happen as it would allow Videopac+ G7400 Euro only console to work on NTSC TVs using OSSC.

nmalinoski
    Participant

My hope was that OSSC would have this feature.

*My XRGB2 does this as well.

The OSSC and XRGBs are different machines for different applications. While both are intended to digitize analogue AV signals, the XRGB machines are full scalers, in that they can scale and shape the image to your preference, at the cost of video lag; whereas the OSSC is a line doubler, which can enlarge the image and tweak certain characteristics with imperceptible lag.

Ultimately, you will need either an external converter (like this) or track down a TV that supports 50Hz video. (A bit of a pain in North America, but not impossible.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.